The Finch College Alumni Foundation Trust Education Grant
GRANT AVAILABLE TO COMMUNITY COLLEGE STUDENTS TRANSFERRING TO ANY FOUR YEAR COLLEGE
Download Application Form
Awarded by the Finch College Alumni Association Foundation Trust:
A one-time $2000 Grant to be used by a Community College student entering undergraduate study at any accredited four-year college in The United States. Grant may be used for tuition, fees, books, and/or equipment required for course instruction. This award may not be used for graduate study.
Who is eligible to apply?
Current second year female students age 22 and above currently enrolled in a Community College in the states of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut who have maintained a 3.5 grade point average. There are no restrictions or limitations based upon race, ethnicity or the employment status of the prospective recipient. Grant is based upon merit, courses, goals.
How may one apply?
- Complete the application form – download at FinchCollege.org.
- Submit a convincing narrative in less than 1000 words stating why you should receive The Finch Grant. This is the most important aspect of the application. Emphasize qualifications, academic achievements, leadership and how courses taken will support your life goals.
- Enclose a current resume of study and work experience.
- Enclose a print out of your college transcript(s).
- Include proof of age over 22: copy of your driver’s license, passport, birth certificate or other official document.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from faculty members attesting to the applicant’s work experience and academic achievements. List their names and email on application form.
How will the decisions be made?
The Foundation Trust’s Grant Committee will evaluate all applications on the basis of goals, qualifications, and the extent to which the Grant will be used effectively. Members of the Committee serve voluntarily, are not Trustees of the Foundation Trust, nor a Finch College alumna.
What are the responsibilities of the recipient?
Upon acceptance of the Grant, each recipient shall be required to furnish:
- A copy of her letter of acceptance from an accredited four year college.
- Her social security number.
- Official transcript of the grantee’s grades issued by the educational institution(s) attended.
- A follow-up annual report evidencing that the Grant is being used for the purpose approved by The Board of Trustees.
When is the deadline?
Completed applications must be received before May 15.
How are the Grants funded?
Grants are funded by The Finch College Alumni Association Foundation Trust through the generosity of its members, alumnae and friends.
MAIL APPLICATION TO:
The Grant Committee
Finch College Alumni Association Foundation Trust
954 Lexington Avenue
New York, New York 10021
|CURRENT STUDENTS -
LEARN ABOUT AVAILABLE SCHOLARSHIPS:
Finch Grant - For grant application, Click here.
Finch Scholar Program
The Finch College Alumni Association Foundation Trust makes it possible for women to continue college and begin preparing for
professional careers. To learn how to apply, contact New York Women's Foundation.
See the New York Women's Foundation, NYWF.